Now that my studio is finished (I will have an exciting post to share with you very soon!) we can move on to more projects. First up is the dining room. We're trying to save as much money as we can by repurposing some of our old bedroom curtains, repainting our old dining room chairs/reupholstering them with stockpiled fabric, giving our sconces fresh paint, and we'll try to use fabric we already have to cover the pelmet box we're building.
We're using Behr's 'Mined Coal' on the walls.
We really wanted to feed the wire for the sconces through the wall, in the same manner as we did the last time we hung them. We decided that the wonderfully full insulation on the inside was a little too much to try to feed wire through, so Michael dug a trough in the drywall and laid it in that. We've covered it with joint tape and will add another coat of drywall compound.
I am inspired by the photo in the top right to paint the electrical covers for the lights blue. Valspar makes almost that exact color in spray paint. It will be lovely in a satin finish. We're rubbing in some darker paint to add some more definition to the pieces.