Friday, October 8, 2010

Bon Weekend - with a side of awesomesauce.

Our copy of LOHAS arrived on Wednesday! I posted the mock-ups that were sent to Stacey a few weeks ago, and we were very happy with them, but it's hard to fully appreciate it until it's in your hands. The entire magazine is so, so very lovely, and we're honored that we were the one of the couples chosen to represent the concept of a 'green' wedding in this publication.

LOHAS Magazine

All images click through to larger versions.
Oh hai, I'm a published photographer now! The incredible Stacey Bode is a goddess, but she is only one woman and this was one event she was working solo. Sadly, that meant that during hectic afternoon with the venue and reception being a half mile apart, some photos were forgotten because I didn't manage to have things like having the invitations ready for her to photograph. We took these just after the wedding to document some of our DIY projects.
LOHAS Magazine

LOHAS Magazine

I'm waiting for Lily to share if there any significance to the napkin/handkerchief she sent with the magazine, other than it's very beautiful. I opted to put it with my mother's old napkin ring for this shot. We're so tickled that they used one of our photos for the display on the right!
LOHAS Magazine

Some more of the magazine...
This is another couple that was featured, Colin and Mia.
LOHAS

The spread also featured the site, Green Union, which I'd never heard of before and I'm glad I did, and now I'm passing it on! LOVE the Maypole, we really wanted to have one for our celebration.
LOHAS
Site: greenunion.co.uk/
Blog: www.greenunion.co.uk/blog/

This article showcases the many ways to use the giant lotus.
LOHAS

LOHAS

This lovely image is part of an article on making furniture/joints by hand. I may update this with some more shots.
LOHAS

More decor style.
LOHAS

Thrifty style.
LOHAS

Again, our many thanks to Lily, for finding us and being so awesome to work with!

No comments:

Post a Comment