Friday, August 13, 2010

Bon Weekend - Fabrigasm

I took mom out yesterday morning to look at fabric to cover our couch cushions. We're getting the reupholstering done for free as we've given our little Carolina Skiff boat and my industrial sewing machine as trade to Rocky, the man who has done work for my mother throughout the years. After we collected several heavy samples at GDC, I headed straight to the silk remnants section to see what was 'hanging around'. We've decided to use silk for the pelmet box we're going to make for the dining room window, and we only need a yard to finish the piece. I also look at the remnants for my work. Higher end shantung will run upwards of $35.00+ a yard just for solid colors and remnants are market down from retail. I don't need much for what I do and a yard will yield several pieces for me. I purchased some fabric for me and we headed over to Rogers Brothers. They're now called something else, but they still have really nice stuff at lower prices than GDC. We hit the first remnant bin and found a lovely piece but it was only about a half yard. that wasn't going to to be enough to finish the box. We found a table towards the back that had large samples on clearance. We found a couple colors complimented the main piece we liked, and grabbed them. I knew what didn't work for the pelmet box would certainly work for me. We've selected two colors that will work for the dining room and I took these delicious pieces upstairs. I find these colors to be very inspiring!

New silk remnants

I had to use all my reserves to not flop on the table and roll around in the silk.

No comments:

Post a Comment