Monday, July 5, 2010

Ok, I was a little cranky when I posted my extreme displeasure with Apple and my iOS4 update. I'm still doing a little research as to what to do with the iOS4 update and my lowly 3G issues. Jason D. O'Grady wrote an article for ZDNet mentioning the issue of slower performance could have to do with RAM issues.

I previously blogged that part of the problem could be due to insufficient RAM. The iPhone 4 ships with a whopping 512MB RAM, while the iPhone 3GS with 256MB. The lowly iPhone 3G, on the other hand, comes with only 128MB — one fourth of what ships with the latest model.

In its compatibility statement, Apple says that iOS 4 works with iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 3G. Adding that “not all features are compatible with all devices. For example, multitasking is available only with iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS.”

Translation: it will work on the iPhone 3G but don’t have high expectations.

This sounds totally plausible with the issues I'm having, but the situation is still sucks.

Anyway, back to more positive blog entries!

No comments:

Post a Comment