Friday, July 9, 2010

Linda Glass

California fiber artist Linda Glass makes amazing batik-like quilts. Reminds me a bit of Charleston's wonderfully talented Mary Edna Fraser.



From the artist's statement page...
"My artwork combines my environmental activism for sustainable water management and the aesthetics of art making. Growing up in Los Angeles during the drought years made me aware of the preciousness of water and that realization has turned into a passion for raising public awareness about water resources through art.

I deliberately work in textiles with the intention to reach as many people as possible with the issues expressed in my work. Textiles are an unintimidating medium; people feel a familiarity and comfort with fabric since it plays such an integral and basic part in our lives."


More of works of beauty. >>

No comments:

Post a Comment