Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Deck the halls...

We were completely stumped with how to finish our dining room tablescape. I wanted to go for a whimsical outdoor winter scene, and I started by pulling out my favorite vintage mirror and our little green trees. We picked up more on sale last week along with a bag of the crystal pellets and the white glass balls. I was determined to use the snow we made, but we needed a way to keep it contained. No solution was making itself know to us until we worked on the snow scene in the jar for Duncan. That's when I had the 'Aha!' moment to use the glass cylinder vases from the Food Bank Benefit.

I also made new place mats using leftover fabric from a corset I was commissioned to make for a wedding about 5 years ago, and my remaining white coutil. I figured that if I was going to make them, then why not make them to last?

The silver & white plates were purchased at Target two years ago.
The crystal is vintage Boda, from my mother's wedding registry.
The clear trees on the plates were purchased four years ago.
The mercury glass votive holders were purchased at Home Goods for our wedding.
I think we all know the story of those green acorns! ;)

tablescape

Remember that snow tutorial? Well here are more of the results!



The blue sleigh one of my favorite ornaments and my parents bought it for their first Christmas after they were married, in 1955. The body is flocked paper and it's missing a few things but I always insist that it and a few of the other battered treasures have their place every year.


Tablescape
tablescape4



tablescape1

And a few more...



redTable


No comments:

Post a Comment