Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Input would be greatly appreciated!

Michael and I are eagerly awaiting our room set-up. I've mentioned in earlier posts that I feel like going with white walls would be the best with our limited light. I also want to do a stencil. I was considering making my own design but was introduced to an Etsy seller who makes reusable stencils. Now bear with me as I try to explain what I'm envisioning. I'm thinking of using a flat white (I know...) and then painting the stencil in a gloss white. I think that the reflection via the light from the window and our lamps will create a lush texture on the walls without being overbearing. I was thinking of a sumptuous damask but then found the argyle-like pattern which is pictured first.

Wall Stencils
Click image to enlarge.

Thoughts?

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I think that sounds like a great idea. I really like number 1!

Evita said...

Thanks my dear! I'm still floored that I'm considering white.

Anonymous said...

I really loved our white bedroom (surprisingly). It made the warm wood tones of our furniture and our awesome bedspread take center stage.

I think the gloss/flat paint is a great idea! I also like #1.

Evita said...

Thanks lady! I think I'm going to order the stencil tomorrow. Bought the paint the other day while having the dining room paint mixed. Yay!

Post a Comment