Tuesday, March 1, 2011

B is for Barnacle

Or...how I may have just overcome my fear of them. I was on another Etsy adventure the other night and stumbled upon a piece of artwork featuring barnacles. I've always been pretty frightened of the alien looking forms and I've had my share of run-ins with the arthropods. I actually envision them gleefully waiting for some soft fleshy skin. If you don't keep your ladders or boat scraped, the chances of such an encounter with them rises considerably. Even in a swift tide you can get brushed up on a dock piling and get cut.

These pieces have been designed and crafted in a way that has helped me gain a new appreciation of their beauty and form.



Belt Buckle | Vase | Print | Necklace



Necklace | Hanging | Resin Mold Picture | Ring



Wall Plaque | Brooch | Pinch Pot | Cuff Links

Last, but not least, here are four more pieces that are sure to help the barnacle lovers come out in all of us! Wear this soft Barnacle the Whale felt brooch during the day and come home to a delightful print that proclaims that 'b' is indeed for barnacle. Or maybe you like things a little edgier with this wide sterling and copper barnacle ring and mixed media painting that reminds me of a cluster of volcanoes!

Bring on more art therapy!

No comments:

Post a Comment