Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Long time, no post!

I feel like I've completely abandoned my blog. Where, o where have I been? The answer to that is...house hunting! We started looking in January for a place suitable for me & Michael, our studios, my mother and a guest room. That's a lot of space needed. We found a house at the end of January that was a wonderful fit but the offer/counter offer process fell apart. We held off on continuing to look until we returned home from our trip. Sadly, we had to cut some of our housing budget which made the hunt a little more challenging. It has taken up most of my time and energy but yesterday we hit pay dirt! We put an offer on another house and today the sellers accepted our counter. It's a huge weight lifted from us and we're excitedly starting to plan our garden and other awesome domestic things. We won't close until June so that the seller's children can finish out their school year at home. They're moving to Ohio. The house hadn't been on the market very long and they made a large price cut that allowed it to show up on our radar. Yay!

Anyway, during this time I filled a custom order for a necklace. I found myself to be a tad nervous making this one, as I wanted everything to be perfect because it is for Ariel, who does Offbeat Bride. In her ongoing support of independent artists, she will do trades for ad space. I decided to bite the bullet and submit my photos to see if anything tickled her interests. I was very excited when she replied back saying she'd love a version of the very first piece I made, but with hot pink detailing. I finished it last week and it's on it's way to her. Ariel, I really hope you like it!

Ariel

Ariel Ariel Ariel Ariel

I have finally added the first pair of shoe clips to my Etsy page and have two more ready to photo. I'll post those soon, if it will stop raining!

No comments:

Post a Comment