Friday, October 2, 2009

Autumn

We set up our autumn table today. We're actually using the coffee table in our bedroom. My mother has the domain of the downstairs, and I think she needs the distraction at this time. Sometimes it can be hard to get into the 'season' of things here as the foliage doesn't change. Leaves generally just die. We do get the most amazing sunsets this time of year.

Everything we used we already had in our possession, including a few things that were purchased for the wedding. The greenery came from the yard and I'm not sure what we'll swap out for Samhain. We may keep most of this and add our raven and maybe some webbing.


The Goddess pitcher is an antique Michael collected several years ago. The 'votives' are actually Carew Rice tumblers that were given to my parents as a gift for their wedding.


That's an antique horn that has been in my family for generations. More of my mother's wedding china...


The tea cup was a gift to my grandmother and I cannot for the life of me remember who it was. I will get that from mom.



Oh wait, I lied. The glass terrarium in the background was scored at the thrift store for $0.99. The vintage perfume bottle was purchased on eBay a couple years ago.


You can see Michael's sickle that we used in the 'day after' photos, in the front.

I love my hobnail vase. I've had a lot of bad luck with broken pieces in the past and hope to build up a collection one day.
{Photo credit: Evita Smith & Michael Judd}

No comments:

Post a Comment