Wednesday, September 30, 2009

'Day After' photos

or...
"We went to Dragon*Con and all we got were these stupid photos" - Stacey Bode.

{Photo credit: Stacy Bode. Clicky on the photo for more}
It could almost be the 'day after' since we were married on a Friday and these were taken on a Saturday...four months later. :)

When Stacey and I started hatching our plans we talked about several locations, but she kept coming back to Historical Oakland Cemetery. Stacey has been itching to use this particular spot and knew me well enough to know that I'd go right along with her. I'm no stranger to participating in photo shoots at the cemetery and the last 5 years I lived in Atlanta were just a block and a half away. In fact, their annual fall Victorian celebration, Sunday in the Park is this Sunday, October 4.

I made a new bouquet for the shoot and was crushed when our florist told us that neither ranunculus' or peonies would be available. I surprised myself by choosing the antique roses. They were stunning and for the most part, they held up well traveling from Charleston to Atlanta and the 3 days between pick-up and shoot. I combined them with the variegated pittosporum, and a lotus pod. I brought my feathers to use, but in the end we decided to keep it simple. I wrapped the stems in the same moss sheet/ribbon/acorn combo that I used for the wedding. I also had to remake Michael's boutonniere because I dropped the original the week of the shoot and the wheat broke apart. Thankfully it took me a fraction of the time to make the second bout.

Stacey, as always, did a spectacular job capturing our personalities. I've known her for a very long time and she thrives in working outside the box. Her creativity never ceases to amaze or inspire me. When people used to ask me what I'd miss most about leaving Atlanta, I'd always say, "My friends, Gail K. Fabrics, and DeKalb Famer's Market". Stacey could be her own category.

{Photo credit: Stacy Bode}
I would like to shout a big, "Thank You!" to Kat for featuring us on Rock 'n' Roll Bride.

1 comment:

Evita said...

You know I aim to please. :)

Post a Comment