Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It was a little too chilly to soak in it.

A surprise excursion to Nassau for two nights was the perfect weekend getaway to celebrate a birthday. The weather defied the cloudy forecast to give us clear skies, temperatures in the 70's and a pampering breeze during the day. The Calgon colored water was tempting but a tad too cold for our comfort so we soaked it in from the comfort of our lounge chairs via sight, smell and sound.

I actually brought the DSLR but never took it out of the bag so it was the Hipstamatic to the rescue!

Nassau

We stayed in downtown Nassau at the British Colonial Hilton, which was built on the site of the old Fort Nassau.

Nassau

Graffiti along the Western Esplanade, on West Bay street. There was more art but I couldn't get a decent shot from the street.

Nassau
Nassau
Nassau


Not far from the graffiti was a daiquiri shack serving drinks made to order using fresh fruit and a lot of laughter. I just wish we hadn't gotten there so close to closing time. I wanted my own glass of the fresh coconut and banana drink that Mike and Aileen ordered.

Nassau

This Bahama Mama wasn't quite made from the fresh fruit in front of us but it was oh so tasty.

Bahama Mama

Palm trees and banana trees...what I hope to fill our garden and yard with one day! Not fruit producing, but for tropical inspiration.

Nassau
Nassau

I think the birthday girl had a good time. I know I did!

Birthday Girl At The Fish Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment