Sunday, May 16, 2010

Domestic Bliss - Bounty from the farmers market.

I've decided to try to dedicate no less than one post a week to the subject of domestic bliss. I used to do this a regular exercise in my journal. I think it will keep me motivated to remind myself of the beautiful things we have in our lives. It is easy to loose sight when so many stressors are present.

This week's post of bliss comes from our scores at the farmers market yesterday. Last night we made a cucumber & tomato salad that came from one of the Johns Island growers. We had heated artisan focaccia from Rococco German Bakery, serving it with two goat cheeses from Burden Creek Dairy, a sea salt blend and an 'Herbs de Provence' blend. The Provence blend could have used a little salt, IMHO. We also purchased some chocolate mint, thai basil and rosemary plants. Getting ready for the herb garden.

Another project that's been on my 'must do' list is to make chevre/goat cheese. All good things in all good time, right? That's ultimately what I hope some these posts will accomplish, making me bring some of these ideas to fruition.

After we're settled in the new house I hope to be able to take photos of some of the dishes we prepare. I guess I could take photos of the market goods at their booths with my fun new Hipstamatic app. :)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yum! Good luck with the cheese making. I made ricotta awhile ago and was pleasantly surprised by how easy it came together.

Evita said...

I lurve me some ricotta!

Post a Comment