Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Variegated Canna Pretoria

I have been a huge fan of this canna hybrid for years. They have so much sass!

Garden
Click image to enlarge.

Unfortunately, I didn't dig up any of the tubers before we left Atlanta. We figured they would be around every year in plentiful amounts. It was difficult to contain my excitement when thinking of planting some here at the new house. We've checked Lowe's, HomeDepot, and elsewhere on a few occasions since the move, but with no luck. Every employee I asked just shrugged their shoulders. I knew it was time to visit Hyams and check with them. We're now living a bit aways from them.:( I asked one of the employees about them and sure enough, she knew what was going on. Apparently, they have succumbed to a disease this year and many vendors are wary of carrying them. I was so upset that I wanted to cry on the spot. I know I can look to the wonderful Internet to order them, but shipping plants in this heat I'm not sure it's the safest thing to do.

I'm going to keep checking and maybe take my chance on ordering.

No comments:

Post a Comment